
I have been thinking about the past and how much has changed in the last 7 years. The first pictures of me are at Provo Temple shortly after I found out I was pregnant. I took my first pictures there as a goal to get to the temple some day. The next set of pictures are of me at Mt. Timpanogos temple about 4 weeks after placement. I was "Looking toward the future." The last picture is of Spencer getting sealed to his parents. This day was hard for me but also a huge blessing and answer to prayers. It was very important to me that my son be sealed to an eternal family. I was unable to give this to Spencer at the time. I am so happy that he has loving parents that lead him in the gospel.
I had feared since I was in my late teens early 20's if I would be able to go to the temple because of bad decisions I had made. When I had an unplanned pregnancy that changed me. I knew I needed to change the way I was living. I wanted to be worthy of the temple. I wanted to be able to tell Spencer when he was older that he helped me to want to change and I hope that he is proud of me and glad I am his birth mom.
I went through the repentance process with my singles ward bishop in 2006. It was a hard road but so worth it. I could feel the Atonement in my life. I felt His love and His forgiveness and I was able to forgive myself for my mistakes. I took a Temple prep class in my church to prepare to get my endowment. I prayed about it and felt I would be getting married soon and I should wait. I met my husband just months after I received this answer in April 2007. I married my husband civilly in April 2008. My husband is a convert and was not very active at the time.
My husband and I had missionaries come to our home and teach us all the lessons. We took Temple Prep in 2009 and were not ready. We took it a 2nd time together in spring 2010. My husband received the full priesthood in June 2010. We have grown so much together in this process. I have felt an urgency to get to the temple. I had finished 3 temple prep classes. We will be both getting our endowment and sealed on September 18, 2010. I feel so blessed. We have had such amazing love and support from our ward, family and friends. I am excited to become a forever family with my husband. It is a dream come true that I was not sure would happen. I know the Lord loves us and is aware of us and when the timing is right. It may not always be on our time but it is the correct time.
One thing I find very neat is that I will be sealed to my husband in the same month Spencer was sealed to his parents only 6 years later. They were sealed on September 24, 2004.





No comments:
Post a Comment