Hi my name is Jennilee. I am a birth mom to a wonderful boy. We will call him "buddy" to protect privacy. He is now 5 1/2 years old. I will call the couple M&A throughout my story. (M- afather, A- amother)
In June 2003 I found out I was pregnant. I was 20 years old. I had not been living the kind of life I should have. I had visited my bishop a little bit before I took a test. I was confessing to him what I had done. He said, "Do you think you could be pregnant?" It had not crossed my mind at all that I could be till he asked that. I told him I don't know. he suggested that I take a test.
I skipped my period but I wasn't usually that regular. I remember having been nauseous and having mood swings so I decided I should take a test.
I asked my friend Sandra if she would come with me to the store to take a test. We went to wal-mart. I bought a test and took it in the wal-mart bathroom. She waited outside and then I had her come in and showed her the test. It was positive. I was in Shock. I told her I wanted to take another test so we bought another one then left the store.
We were walking to the bus-stop and I tripped and grabbed my tummy. Worried, it was instinct and yet I was still in denial. I took the next test at the UTA bathroom. It was positive again and this time I believed it. I cried. I'm so glad I had my friend with me.
At first I wasn't sure who the father was. I had been with two guys close together. One guy Tad I knew well and had been I guess "friends with benefits." I was really hoping that he would be the birth father. I called the birth father David to tell him. He didn't believe me and I was mad. I said "would you like me to pee on a stick to prove it?" He said he would come over in a few days to talk. I never saw him. He left the state when I was 2 1/2 months pregnant. I found out David was the real birth father when I had my first Dr. appointment.
A few days later I decided I should tell my mom. She had just come home from running some errands and bought me a butterfly light. I love butterflies. I felt so guilty. I didn't deserve anything from her, when I knew I was going to disappoint her. I told her I needed to talk to her. I told her in her bedroom that I was pregnant. I don't remember how she reacted. I know she must have been disappointed. Later my mom told my dad then they both talked to me and told me they loved me and would be here for me. I told my siblings at different times. My whole family was supportive.





No comments:
Post a Comment