



When I placed we talked about letter frequency and pictures. We didn't discuss visits. After finalization I asked If I could have a visit. Originally I wanted to see my son and the couple. I was having a hard time though and thought it would be too hard to see my son. I ended up just seeing the couple. We got together on October 8, 2004. We met at brick oven. My sister came with me. It was a great visit. They showed me video of the past few months. We talked a lot. The food was great. company was great. I'm so glad they were willing to have a visit. We decided to have another visit right before buddy's first birthday. We got together on February 19, 2005. We met at the mall in Kiddie Kandids. We took pictures and then visited and played while we waited for our pictures to be ready. After pictures we went to my parents for dinner, cake and ice cream and visiting. My whole family was there. Buddy let everyone hold him and play with him. We took lots of pictures. I showed the couple my scrapbook. It helped me to see how they were as a family. They wanted to wait to have another visit till he was old enough to play at a park. We had the visit in a park in Draper, Utah. My mom, sister, and dad came with me. We met on my dad's birthday August 7, 2006. M&A had one of their nieces with them and her mom. It was fun to see buddy play with his cousin. I got to go down the slide with buddy and watch him play. It was a lot of fun. We didn't discuss any other visits after this time. I didn't see them again until my wedding April 4, 2008. I was so glad they could come to my wedding. My whole family was so excited to see them. buddy played with my nephew Owen most the time. I thought it was so cute they played together as they are bio cousins. I don't know when I will see them again as I don't live in the same state anymore. I am grateful for their willingness to have an open adoption. I love the visits I have had.





No comments:
Post a Comment