

I think it is very important that you have a support system. I don't know how I would have gotten through the adoption/pregnancy without my family and friends. My sister and mom were my best support. When I found out I was pregnant I moved in with my sister Heidi for help. She went to every doctor appointment with me, group, and therapy. She was my coach during labor. She was my angel to me. I will never be able to repay her for her love she gave me during the hardest time of my life. My mom was so strong. She placed a baby girl when she was 16. I was worried how she would handle me placing and if the family would force me adopt like my mom was. My family was told upfront that this is my decision. I am grateful that I didn't have pressure from them just love and support. My family had a hard time with me placing since I was so set on single parenting in the beginning. I had every one's support except my brother Eric. Later on in the adoption he opened up. My family always asks me if i have new pictures or letter or an email. I didn't tell my extended family till the very end of my pregnancy but they were all supportive of my decision. I had a few friends that helped me out too. My friend Dan was awesome. When I went on bed rest he gave me books to read, crosswords etc. He also gave me tulips that I had in the hospital.





Your Blog posted backwards but it is very complete. What memories to read so much detail. You are such a good example to anyone who is going through this. I love you and admire your strength. I always have always been amazed at what great love and strength Heidi was for you. She gave and sacrificed more than you can even comprehend. She is an Angel. What amazing daughters I have.
ReplyDelete