I find out I'm pregnant now what are my options? I decided to go to LDS Family Services. I made an appointment with my caseworker Sandy. I already knew that I wouldn't abort from the beginning. I couldn't get married. I wanted to single parent but I wasn't sure yet if that was the best option. I started going to groups with other girls that were in my same situation. I continued to see Sandy on a regular basis. My mom and sister always came with me as support. Sandy gave me different assignments to help me make a decision. One of them was "The Think it over doll" She weighed about the same as a baby. she made noises like coos. She would cry for "care time" which would act as time for feedings, changing, or just needing held. It helped me to see how much attention and love a baby needs. I decided to do this assignment because I am the youngest in my family and hadn't done hardly any babysitting. Even though she was only a doll it helped me to see I already had motherly instincts. Sandy also gave me an assignment to see what support systems I had if I single parented. who could help with babysitting, money etc. I also looked how much diapers cost, clothes, dare care, basic baby essentials. This was very helpful to me especially to see what kind of support and help I would have if I single parented. My family couldn't help much financially but would help babysit. Even after doing these assignments I still wanted to single parent. I would get defensive when other's would suggest adoption. I loved my baby, I wanted him and didn't want to watch him "grow up in pictures."
I still wasn't sure what to do. I kept going to group and hearing other's stories. It was so helpful to be able to talk to other girls in the same situation. I prayed a lot about what I should do but wasn't getting an answer. I started leaning more towards adoption. One of my friends said to me, "You won't get an answer to your prayers until you make a solid decision." I decided that I would place my baby on October 8, 2003. I prayed about it and it felt like the right decision for me and my baby.





No comments:
Post a Comment