Thursday, October 29, 2009

poem: Remember





REMEMBER
Whenever I hear a baby cry,
My heart reaches out in love for you,
As I remember the days I had with you.

I remember the sweet innocent look in your eyes,
So fresh from God, full of tenderness and love,
Reaching my soul through your eyes to mine.

I remember your sweet baby smell,
The embrace of your tiny hands on my finger,
My hand caressing your cheek,
Rubbing your chest and soothing you to sleep.
I loved lying awake in the wee hours of the morning
Listening to your little noises, your breathes and your coos.

I remember your tender chin quivers as you cried,
Whenever your diaper was being changed.
I remember you falling asleep every time we burped you,
Or when we washed your hair.

I remember your fists in your mouth
And your tongue moving in and out of your sweet pursy lips
Letting me know of your hunger.
Oh, how I ache, in missing the closeness I felt with you
Suckling on my breast and knowing
All your needs were being met by your mother.

I will remember most of all, the love
And quiet special times we had together.
I was so proud when I first saw your face
And I am in heaven with you in my arms.

I will always remember you.
I love you with all my heart

@Jennilee and Heidi
March 19, 2004
Dedicated to my birth son

This poem was written for my birth son. we wrote it at 3 weeks old. We decided to write it since my sister and I would always talk about the hospital time and what we remembered.

No comments:

Post a Comment